APP is an interdisciplinary research group established by Selcuk Yerci, who is an Asst. Prof. in Micro & Nanotechnology and Electrical & Electronics Engineering at Middle East Technical University (METU). Selcuk received his B.S. and M.S. in Physics, Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. Before joining to METU, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher in Mechanical Engineering at MIT. APP takes advantage of various optical and microfabrication tricks to advance novel concepts in photovoltaics, and aims at fabricating high-efficiency, yet low-cost solar cells.
- Can, Mehmet and Wiria will attend E-MRS 2017 Spring meeting (http://www.european-mrs.com/meetings/2017-spring-meeting) to present their research. Can will deliver an oral presentation in the symposium E on 24th of May.
- Osman Emre (a junior student in Electrical and Electronics Engineering) won the second place in the undergraduate research contest (STAR program - http://star.eee.metu.edu.tr/).
- Deniz (senior student in Electrical and Electronics Engineering) won one of the best poster awards in the first Science Day organization of the Faculty of Engineering.
We are looking for highly motivated postdocs, M.S. or Ph.D. students to work in a national project aiming at
- Developing large area perovskite solar cells
- Achieving enhanced solar cell efficiencies by photonically-boosted up-conversion process
- Developing bi-facial solar cells.
For more information please click here.