APP is an interdisciplinary research group established by Selcuk Yerci, who is an Asst. Prof. in Micro & Nanotechnology and Electrical & Electronics Engineering at Middle East Technical University (METU). Selcuk received his B.S. and M.S. in Physics, Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. Before joining to METU, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher in Mechanical Engineering at MIT. APP takes advantage of various optical and microfabrication tricks to advance novel concepts in photovoltaics, and aims at fabricating high-efficiency, yet low-cost solar cells.
- Can gave an oral presentation at E-MRS Symposium E with the title Metalorganic Chemical Vapour Deposition and Performance of CdS/CdTe Junctions on ZnO Nanorod Arrays (http://www.european-mrs.com/advanced-inorganic-materials-and-structures-photovoltaics-emrs-1).
- Can, Mehmet and Wiria will attend E-MRS 2017 Spring meeting (http://www.european-mrs.com/meetings/2017-spring-meeting) to present their research. Can will deliver an oral presentation in the symposium E on 24th of May.
- Osman Emre (a junior student in Electrical and Electronics Engineering) won the second place in the undergraduate research contest (STAR program - http://star.eee.metu.edu.tr/).
We are looking for highly motivated postdocs, M.S. or Ph.D. students to work in a national project aiming at
- Developing large area perovskite solar cells
- Achieving enhanced solar cell efficiencies by photonically-boosted up-conversion process
- Developing bi-facial solar cells.
For more information please click here.